Procedural Software Developer
Montreal, QC CA
Lead Engine Developer
Everyone in our industry has a Motive - an idea they want to bring to life, something they've never seen before in a game that they want to make a reality. This is what drives everyone at Motive. The only limit here is the team's imagination. Motive aims to redefine action games and bring the highest quality innovative games to players. What could be better than getting to create the world's next block buster franchise and be part of building a brand-new studio from the ground up? If you are passionate about games and motivated to push your craft further this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
Who You Are
• A highly collaborative person with several years of experience developing systems for AAA console and PC games. You have advanced level C++ and C# knowledge and are able to quickly digest, understand, and work with existing systems. You've made a name for yourself as being analytically oriented and having a good sense of software design and architecture
• You have experience optimizing and debugging complex multi-threaded systems.
• You also know that the most ambitious ideas aren't accomplished alone. You've found a taste to drive and manage a team of experienced developers. You have a vision of what you want to achieve and to how plan for success. You know how to strike a balance between being directive and being collaborative.
• Your passionate about pushing the boundaries of what's been seen or done in the past and are looking for a place to bring to life some of your innovative ideas.
• Become an expert in EA's internal technology and contribute by writing and/or suggesting improvements at the game and engine level as needed.
• Work with EA's internal shared technology groups when necessary. Develop runtime, pipeline, and tools code.
• Drive the implementation of new features and workflows for content creators.
• Optimize performance and memory usage.
• Drive standard software development processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
• Perform code reviews and mentor other team members regularly.
• Participate in higher level planning with project management and Technical Directors.
• Work with team members to maintain and improve their performance, including performance reviews, mentorship, and regular feedback.
• 5+ years of professional programming experience.
• Advanced knowledge of C++ and C# is highly desired
• Demonstrable contributions to complex, high-performance software, ideally via high-quality shipped game titles.
• Experience with performance optimization, ideally in a complex multi-threaded environment.
• Expert-level debugging skills.
• Experience managing other programmers.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Motive Studios has the Means and Opportunity. Come see what you can do!