Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct reports: Sales Manager, Sales Analyst, Booker Analyst, Digital Booker.
Bachelor's degree: Economics, Administration, Business or similar.
Experience desired: It is desirable the applicants have a previous experience as a Sales Planning Director or Senior Manager for at least 3 years. Managing and developing teams.
• Theatrical Booking
• • Data analysis
• • General Summary:
The primary duty and responsibility of the Sales Director is to be the leader of the Theatrical Sales Team in Mexico and is expected to work closely with and maintain on-going communications with Managing Director of the territory as well as the Senior Vice President of Distribution Latin America. In this leadership role, the Sales Director has responsibility for inspiring and guiding the office team to deliver top box office results. In addition to sales management, he/she oversees and is responsible for all processes and resources of the Sales department to optimize performance. He/She acts as a leader in the marketplace and is expected to regularly meet with clients, address staff issues/concerns and oversee proposals so that they are aligned with generally agreed upon channel parameters/industry norms/logical metrics. As our senior sales executive on the ground, he/she needs to transmit the company vision to the team while providing senior company management with locally relevant insights and future needs. To be successful in this role, the Sales Director is expected to determine booking and release strategies opportunities for box office growth from current business/assignments and market changes/realities. The individual in this role must have strong analytic skills and in-depth understanding of our business in order to find the best business growth opportunities in our dynamic and evolving marketplace along with communication skills to effectively convince senior management of the opportunity.
• Responsible for the coordination and control of all sales/booking related business of theatrical distribution activities in all Mexican market theatres. That includes negotiation of sales terms, release circuit and holdovers for each Sony Pictures titles released in the national market, report on due deadline to Home Office as well as provide direct support to Managing Director.
• Manage, provide direction and supervision to Sales Manager, Sales Analyst, Booker and Digital Booker by communicating expectations and managing performance.
• Responsible to determine release dates, identify box office potential and competition throughout the calendar year, working closely in partnership with the Managing Director.
• Maintain release date information and estimates updated (internal, external and home office) to support effective decision making.
• Key contact with the exhibitors: responsible, along with Sales team, for managing communication and relationship with our exhibition partners. Includes confirmation of circuits of for every Title, detailed holdover information and knowledge of the VPF status of each release.
• Logistics: manage the distribution of trailers, HDs and delivery of KDMs in proper time.
• Weekly analysis of bookings to obtain the maximum value of every booked screen.
• Support Marketing: collaborate with Marketing in promotional actions, creative stunts and special events.
• Manage and coordinate Cinema Checking vendors – setting up goal and certifying the work.
• Decision Making
• Fast Learning
• Strategic planning
• Managing team relationships
MEX - Mexico City
Sony PicturesSony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site