We are EA
EA games don't just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of these experiences than the work of developers-and we support our games for years after they are in the hands of players around the world.
The Studios Data & Insights team within EA is looking for a Senior Director to cultivate a high-caliber Analytics function at some of EA's biggest studios. You will affect key decisions on the Battlefield franchise, one of the biggest and longest lived first-person shooters in video gaming. You'll also have responsibility for another storied EA franchise, Need for Speed and for our EA Partners and EA Originals portfolio of games. You will report to the VP, Studios Data and Insights and is based in the DICE office in Stockholm, Sweden. You will partner with senior studio and marketing leadership to deliver the insights necessary to create the best player experiences. You will set the vision, strategy, and action plan for analytics. You should have a strong analytics background, preferably in the area of gaming, entertainment or consumer products where consumer acquisition, engagement, and monetization are key considerations.
• Foster and grow a data informed learning culture on your team and throughout EA
• Provide strategic recommendations to capture optimization opportunities and uncover untapped opportunities to grow the business
• Set the strategy for analytics and then mobilize the team and resources to accomplish your vision
• Manage analyst deliverables, including capacity planning and analysis best practices such as peer reviews, problem solving methodology, archiving, and model selection and validation techniques
• Partner with leadership to determine and prioritize highest value work for the business
• Grow leaders on the analytics team
• Determine methodology used for simple and complex problems
• Bachelor's degree. Master's preferred in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related discipline
• 5+ years' experience in quantitative analysis for a gaming, entertainment or consumer products company
• 8+ years' experience managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
• Experience understanding business problems and constraints, translating into analysis approach and insights, and then following through on recommendations/ outcomes
• Experience leading and coaching analytical presentations to large groups including senior management
• Excellent delivery management skills to build and execute analysis delivery plans with clearly defined deliverables, timelines, ownership, and risks/issues
• Extensive knowledge of quantitative techniques and tools including regressions, survival analysis, classification, forecasting, and clustering
Familiarity with statistical software and big data environments
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.