Business Analyst Co-Op
Vancouver, BC CA
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Intern Software Engineer , you will be responsible for designing and implementing software development systems and digital distribution platform features, which means partnering with a multi-discipline team of Product Owners, Technical Leads and Software Engineers, always with an eye on innovation, quality and timely delivery. As part of the broader software engineering team you will be a key contributor to the EAX team based out of EA Still Creek in Burnaby, BC.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA's subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA's games and enabling more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that ''we see farther'' and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You're someone with a proven track record for:
• Gathering requirements, seeking to understand, and successfully collaborating in a team environment.
• Being a strong team player, focused on delivering results
• Finding your way. You've got experience that helps you work and thrive in a cross-functional organization.
• Being comfortable in a fast-paced, always changing, agile environment and having the confidence to speak your mind.
• Understanding your strengths. You're a solid communicator with a demonstrated ability to partner, collaborate, and
engage stakeholders effectively.
• Maintaining calm. You know how to motivate teammates, even when navigating ambiguity and challenging situations.
• Most notably you'll have a rare mix of enthusiasm, critical thinking and good judgement that translate to successfully
tackling challenging problems.
You also bring the following skills, experiences or interests to our team:
• Familiarity with GraphQL
• Passing familiarity with AWS
• Interested in micoservice architecture
• Familiar with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
• Confident with Jira or other issue tracking software.
• Enthusiasm for gaming, ecommerce platform and cloud computing technologies desired; ability to stay current with
industry trends a big plus
In a typical week, the intern software engineer could be…
• Meeting with Product Owners and Technical Leads to identify and understand requirements.
• Designing and implementing solutions for a massive digital distribution platform.
• Participating in code reviews
• Building and maintaining continuous integration, static analysis and other software development systems.
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Other members of the EAX organization to contribute to a high performance software development team.