At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to bring new ways to play.
The Director, Experience Design is a strategic role for a new IP being developed at Motive Montreal.
Reporting to the Executive Producer and the Studio Experience Director, you will have direct ownership over player facing user experience, influence across the core direction of the game.
You will represent the end-users at the table, and focus on every aspect that affects their experience : from removing friction and frustration, to making sure the game mechanics are understandable.
- Establish and Drive Experience Design vision and strategy on the project level while understanding the business context
- Build relationships with important partners, game designers, product managers, art directors, and brand partners to set design priorities and find balanced solutions for player, business and technical goals.
- Lead teams in framing and solving hard problems rooted in player data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Conduct deep analysis of current products to develop a holistic view, guide experience design strategy and identify essential areas of impact to enhance the player experience.
- Partner with senior team members to set design priorities and find balanced solutions to complex player, business and technical challenges.
- Establish UX guidelines, design principles and best practices such as heuristic evaluations/usability standards, archetype development, experience journey maps, prototyping and user testing.
- Guide the creation of a design system to support UI scalability and consistency
- Guide user research studies and the implementation of Indicators to measure performance data and validate solutions.
- Provide leadership in a fast paced work environment requiring an experience with team collaboration and open communication
- Mentor junior UX, UI, and Technical designers, game designer and other team members on user centered design principles and methodologies. Note that this role is not focused on people management but rather on partner and practice management on a specific game.
- Work and teach across multiple product teams, moving effortlessly between smallest details and highest level strategy.
YOU HAVE/YOU ARE
- 7+ years of global design experience, 5+ years leading design teams
- Advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, interface designer, product designer or similar role, with a strategic eye.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of in-game user experience principles and techniques.
- Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to release
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and heuristics, experience designing complex consumer-facing, entertainment or social products
- Lead diverse teams to translate player data into design solutions and quickly improve them
- Efficient at presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and represent the expertise.
- Passion for games
It's a bonus if you have…
- A passion for open world games
- Experience working on design, UX, or product design in games
- Experience in game development and franchise creation with UX and UI pipelines