Generalist Software Engineer - NHL
Generalist Software Engineer - C++ - EA SPORTS Central Platform Team
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The new EA SPORTS Central Platform Team partners with leading EA SPORTS franchises, including FIFA, Madden, NHL and more, to assist in the adoption of strategic technology development initiatives; including platform exploration, adoption and expansion. Team members will have the opportunity to collaborate and impact various SPORTS development teams to support evolving and strategic tech development goals designed to reach more players in new places.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Generalist Engineer will be will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What you will do as a Generalist Engineer:
• Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected
• Work with 3rd party software APIs
• Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely
• Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms
• Use and design REST-based HTTP APIs
We are looking for:
• 3+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
• Strong knowledge with C++, ASM is a bonus
• Json and XML, able to read/understand and write
• Experience working with online services/severs (HTTP via REST)
• Knowledge of REST-based APIs
• Experience with 3rd party APIs
• Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools
• Experience with source control systems
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site