Gameplay Technical Director
Montreal, QC CA
Motive: Software Developer - Audio
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Everyone in our industry has a Motive - an idea they want to bring to life, something they've never seen before in a game that they want to make a reality. This is what drives everyone at Motive. The only limit here is the team's imagination. Motive aims to redefine action games and bring the highest quality innovative games to players. What could be better than getting to create the world's next blockbuster franchise, work on a Star Wars game and be part of building a brand-new studio from the ground up? If you are passionate about games and motivated to push your craft further this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
Motive is seeking a Software Developer specifically focused on Audio to join its team.
• Collaborate with sound artists to develop technology to support the games audio requirements
• Work with the gameplay team to bring 3D audio to the games features
• Develop, integrate and maintain modular audio systems and tools
• Support our community of content creators through debugging and problem-solving
• Establish and manage memory and performance targets for Audio
Required Skills and Experience
• Experience working with game middleware engines (eg Unreal, Unity), either within a central technology team or a game studio, including
• • Speech, interactive music and sound effect systems
• Integrating custom audio code and triggers with game audio middleware (eg Wwise)
• High level of proficiency with C++
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Advanced software development skills such as an understanding of memory management, multi-core utilization, runtime profiling and optimization, cross-platform development, object-oriented design, etc.
• Experience with working in a collaborative team environment
• Dependable and committed to delivering tasks on schedule and to a high quality
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• Proficiency with C#
• Experience with digital signal processing and/or building audio engines
• Game industry experience, either with a central technology team or with a game studio
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
• We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives from creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Motive has the means and opportunity. Come see what you can do!