Game Designer II
Melbourne, VIC AU
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We're looking for a Senior Game Designer to lead and manage game design across our 2 racing mobile titles (Real Racing 3 and Need for Speed: No Limits). This role will include management and leaderships responsibilities across both teams, as well as the responsibility of designing and implementing new content and game features! The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience designing and balancing compelling features on live mobile games or free-to-play games, experience managing teams of talented designers and a passion for the industry!
• Manage and lead the Game Designers on the Real Racing 3 and Need for Speed: No Limits teams
• Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes for both titles
• Deliver on the game vision on each game as set by the Creative Director and Product Owners
• Maintain accurate documentation of design solutions
• Work with the development team to ensure content and features are delivered to the highest quality
• Create and tune content at appropriate levels for all our players
• Balance game economies for accessibility, engagement, and monetization
• Mentor and provide feedback to the Game Designers
• Remain current on industry design trends
Skills and Experience
• 7+ years of experience in game design (specifically with free-to-play experience)
• Experience designing and developing major game systems for at least one shipped mobile title
• Experience managing successful game design teams
• Experience maintaining economies in Excel or similar spreadsheet tools
• Experience iterating on live features based on player feedback and telemetry data
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in relevant field
• Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
• Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
• Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
• Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
• Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
• Friday night socials and regular team building outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button.
Please provide a portfolio including game design documentation and other examples of your design work.
To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site