SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
The Challenge Ahead:
The Frostbite team develops tools and runtime technologies to promote the highest quality animation for Frostbite's developers and users across EA worldwide. We work with our game team partners to develop our solutions and work in an agile way.
You will be a part of a team that has passion for pushing technology and supporting teams while having fun. We are looking for someone who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies and works well with others.
• Develop high-quality tools and runtime technologies
• Follow Agile methodologies as defined by the team
• Follow engineering best practices as defined by the team
• Communicate with team members and those on other teams to ensure speedy resolution of issues
• At least several months of software engineering experience in the gaming industry, including rendering, graphics programming, experience with tools
• Proficient in C++
• Software development experience with Tools
• Low-level code optimization experience a plus
• Machine learning/AR/VR experience, a plus
• 1+ years of experience developing on Agile teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience
• English is the required language of work
Desirable Skills and Expertise:
• Experience developing animation tools
• A background in high-quality deliverables and sustainable development practices including automated tests
• Ownership for success of internal customers
• Maya/Motion builder experience
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer great compensation packages and a culture that enjoys creativity and individuality.
Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for salary increases, bonuses, and restricted stock units at our discretion
Salary offered: $90,000 to $100,000
Full-time, permanent position
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.