United Talent Agency
Los Angeles, CA
UTA seeks a Guild Relations Executive to be the primary point of contact with various guilds such as WGA, PGA, DGA, AEA and SAG-AFTRA. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable this person to build effective relationships with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment, and to work effectively with people at many different levels.
What You'll Do
• Analyze distribution, licensing, financing, and chain of title agreements to determine appropriate financial assurances on behalf of SAG-AFTRA and WGA
• Communicate signatory status and outstanding contract issues to producers, counsel, talent and SAG-AFTRA management in anticipation of production deadlines and closeout
• Manage guild franchise requirements, including the DGA, WGA, Equity, and the relationship with SAG-AFTRA
• Provide insights and reports to staff and Guild leaders about writers' concerns, priorities, and work issues.
• Draft client agency agreements in addition to commission split agreements
• Administer agreements to ensure legal compliance, options, and payment terms along with managing and maintaining databases of contractual rights, obligations, and critical dates
What You Need
• Experience in guild relations with the WGA, SAG-AFTRA, DGA, and PGA
• Must be an effective team player with experience working on cross-functional teams
• Must be a strategic, results-oriented individual and have an effective problem-solving approach to projects
• Must be well-organized and have a strong work ethic
• Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
What You'll Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies in Hollywood in a cross section between Finance, Legal and Business Affairs
• Access to the tools, leadership and resources you'll need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work out of an amazing office – that happens to house one of the top modern art collections in the world
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
UTA seeks the innovators, the entrepreneurs, the talented, the creative, the thoughtful and, the passionate, who share our love for the work all of us are privileged to do. For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site