Senior Cinematic Artist
Vancouver, BC CA
Create Art Character Artist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Building everything from head to toe, the EA Create Characters team has built, sculpted, and scanned 1000's of characters and the wardrobes both photorealistic and stylized.
Who You Are:
• Experienced with 3+ years of industry character creation production
• Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling/sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
• Expert-level in Maya, Z-Brush, and Photoshop
• Well-versed in physical materials and how to replicate them in CG
• Knowledgeable of PBR texture/material workflows
• Experience with your ability to author photo-realistic textures (Substance Painter / Designer experience is a plus)
• Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity)
• Able to visualize in three-dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art
• Gifted with a strong sense of proportion and composition with a superior eye for surface, colour, and detail
• Experienced in creating game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging
• Knowledgeable in creation of cloth and clothing and how they should match the character style (Cloth/hair simulation experience is a plus)
• Efficient in use of UV layout, and ability to edit for highest visual payoff
• Able to ramp quickly with proprietary tools and software
• Experienced in delivering high-quality assets to time and technical budget constraints
• Experience working with and managing external artist partners.
• Passion for improving pipelines and artist workflows. ''
• Photo-real character modeling and texturing – hair, clothing, anatomy, likeness, etc. showing UV layout and all maps
• Concept- Model experience is a plus
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match, and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site