Melbourne, VIC AU
Software Engineer C++ (Senior Level)
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We're looking for a talented and dedicated Senior-Level Software Engineer to join one of our game teams at the studio in developing one of our AAA mobile games. This role would mainly involve writing C++ and/ or Lua - playing a crucial part in our continuous updates, adding new features, content & modes.
As a Senior-Level Engineer, you'd also get the chance to mentor junior developers in the team and help drive forwards the success of the studio! If you're an experienced Software Engineer with 7-9+ years of experience in gaming and are advanced in C++ programming, we'd love to hear from you.
• Programming mobile games using C++ and/ or Lua
• Writing and implementing tools for creation of mobile device applications using C#
• Programming within all areas of game development, including:
• Math and 3D graphics
• Game engines
• User interface
• Special effects
Skills and Experience
• 7-9 + years of programming experience in the gaming industry
• Excellent C++ skills
• Experience working with and extending existing code
• Desirable - Lua, C# and Python skills
• Experience working with a schedule
• Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
• Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
• Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
• Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
• Stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
• Friday night socials and regular team building outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site