Data Engineer, Analytics Solutions
Vancouver, BC CA
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
At EA we're devoted to creating awesome experiences within and around our games. The Player Network enables a continuous play experience, making it easy for players to discover and enjoy games and the content that they love, while connecting with friends and communities through meaningful, shared experiences.
In your role as Product Management Co-op you will be responsible for taking strategic direction and supporting through feature requirements, and the creation of key user stories to be implemented by our Design and Development teams. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to analyze the performance of our live service features and leverage this data toward feature iteration, always with an eye on creating a richer player experience across the network for one of our product initiatives. This person will partner closely with Sr. PMs, Design, Technology, and QA to define, build and scale great products.. For the right candidate this will be an incredible opportunity to have a big impact on a strategic priority for the company.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA's subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA's games and enabling more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that ''we see farther'', and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
Required skills and experience:
• Partner closely with, Sr Product Management, and design teams to conceptualize, spec and implement engaging features
• Drive product requirements from concept through delivery; write clear and concise specs through player focused user stories
• Identify opportunities using a variety of channels including data analytics, competitive research, design hypotheses, player feedback;
• Define, own and analyze performance metrics, proactively identify and implement optimizations to improve player experience, drive player adoption, engagement and retention.
• Propose and plan A/B & multivariate tests, establish benchmarks internally and externally, measure performance;
• Highly familiar with Scrum methodology and the role of a PO (one of the core roles of this candidate) in an Agile environment
• Experience using Jira to write and prioritize a backlog of features
• High empathy for players
• Strong business acumen balanced with strong creative abilities
• Data analysis skills, experience with A/B and multivariate testing preferred
• Understanding of the latest consumer internet and mobile trends
• Performance-driven team player with outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
• Computer Science, Engineering, Design, or related field; possible MBA candidates
• Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus: product management, consumer internet / e-commerce products, Agile SW development, design / creative industry (e.g., working at agency)
In a typical week, the [PM Co-op] could be…
• Leading a scrum team through feature implementation as the Scrum PO
• Tracking performance of a live feature and reporting against target key results
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Other members of the EAX organization to execute our features
• Teams from Game Studios to Marketing to define success criteria etc.