Senior Technical Artist
Guildford, EN GB
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are looking for an employment attorney with 5+ years of experience to be part of the EA Employment Legal team. Reporting to a Senior Counsel (Compliance and Employment), you will work directly with HR business partners providing strategic support on employment related subjects. This position is based in Guildford, UK.
What a Legal Counsel (Employment) does at EA:
• Work with the Global Employment Legal Team to ensure consistency in all regions where EA operates.
• Be the primary employment counsel for EA's operations in the UK, Ireland, Switzerland and India. This will include managing all types of employment law matters, like hiring; performance management and termination; wage and hour rules; disability accommodation; harassment, discrimination and bullying; contingent worker issues; investigations and related litigation.
• Partner with external employment counsel where necessary to manage litigation or obtain advice on specific issues in the above territories.
• Provide expertise on the People Practices Team including knowledge of personnel and procedure and communication of any changes to Regional Counsel.
• Coordinate global policy reviews to ensure all policies are compliant in the relevant Europe and Asia territories.
• Provide expertise to Regional Counsel in Europe and Asia on the management of investigations and complex employment issues.
• Coordinate with Regional Counsel in Europe and Asia on the delivery of training on all employment related issues for those territories
• Advise on employment or other workforce related issues arising in transactions and other corporate arrangements in Europe and Asia.
• Manage all employee privacy work in Europe and Asia
The next great EA Legal Counsel (Employment) also needs:
• UK qualified Legal Counsel with 5+ years' experience in employment law in an in-house legal department or law firm.
• Proficiency with applicable laws relating to employment matters.
• Willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
• Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme, pension scheme and stock plans
• Private medical insurance and dental care, life insurance and free onsite gym
• Employee discounts and rail season ticket loans
• Annual game points and digital download allowance
• 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
• Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
• Onsite café, casual dress code and games areas
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!