Melbourne, VIC AU
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and excellent tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building new technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with a deep player experience.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Frostbite team develops tools and runtime technologies to promote the highest quality animation for Frostbite's developers and users across EA worldwide. We work with our game team partners to develop our solutions and work in an agile way.
We're on the hunt for a permanent full-time C++ Software Engineer to join the team in Melbourne! You will be a part of a team that has passion for pushing technology and supporting teams while having fun. We are looking for someone who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies and works well with others.
• Develop high-quality tools and runtime technologies
• Follow Agile methodologies as defined by the team
• Follow engineering best practices as defined by the team
• Communicate with team members and those on other teams to ensure speedy resolution of issues
• Experience in the gaming industry, including rendering, graphics programming, experience with tools
• Proficient in C++
• Software development experience with tools
• Low-level code optimization experience a plus
• Experience developing on Agile teams
• Ability to pass coding challenge
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience
• English is the required language of work
Desirable Skills and Expertise:
• Experience developing animation tools
• A background in high-quality deliverables and sustainable development practices including automated tests
• Demonstrated ownership for success of internal customers
• Maya/Motion builder experience
• Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
• Subsidised health care program and gym allowance
• Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
• Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
• Stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
• Friday night socials and regular team building outings
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.