Development and Release Software Engineer
Stockholm, SE SE
We Are EA's game engine: Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. Our experienced team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games.
The Challenge Ahead
The Frostbite Quality Engineering Technical Director provides technology solutions and engineering services to support Frostbite's engine development and test processes which will help provide a high quality game engine to all our partners while easing the game engine developer and test/verification experience. You will help guide both the tactical Frostbite engine domain level decisions and evolution of the Engineering Services Frostbite team.
As an important partner of development and Frostbite Quality Verification teams, the Technical Director provides them with engineering, tech architecture and quality guidance, working closely with Build & Test Farm team to increase the speed, reliability and effectiveness of automated tests. The Technical Director guides the tools and testing groups to ensure quality and on time delivery of commitments. Tool and tech adoption and empowering Frostbite Quality Verification meet Quality and Delivery goals are important measures of success.
Strategy & Planning
• Provide strategic planning and direction in the areas of integrating, testing, and releasing the tools and software frameworks for the group.
• Partner with Frostbite Product Owners to create technical requirements for verification of new features and Frostbite engine capabilities
• Collaborate and strategize closely with Frostbite Data Analytics to make data requirements an essential input into tools and tech strategy and design
Implementation & Deployment
• Conduct code reviews, and establish a quality assurance process, including continuous integration, static code analysis and system testing.
• Review proposed development releases and oversee the release process for tools products.
• Monitor tools usage, performance and resolve any failures. Work with Quality Verification to ensure use and expected value is met.
• Provide consulting to game teams and central technology providers on strategies at the component, sub-system, system level and services.
• Ensure that internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations.
• Promote achievement of the tools team business goals and develop policies for sharing software code, technological innovation and business processes, and other intellectual property.
• Help create a technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
• 8 years' industry technical experience working on tools, test automation or software development.
• Leadership and stakeholder management experience.
• Solid experience with C++ and C#.
• Previous gaming experience.
• A desire to contribute to a unique creative environment by using world-wide talent.
• Project management skills demonstrated by the ability to determine tasks based on proper resource.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.