Stockholm, SE SE
Software Engineer – Integration Team
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to provide new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing new engine features and outstanding tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building new technology and working with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
You'll partner with other leaders in the integration team to promote improvements and share knowledge between the different global groups that we have.
The main responsibility is to assist, support, and partner with game teams using Frostbite to do integration work, which includes (but not limited to) the following:
• Manage integration projects / insuring smooth delivery of engine to game team
• Monitor and update metrics to help with risk mitigations
• Identify integration tool-chain opportunities and develop solutions
• Identify causes of divergence
• Keep game teams informed with respect to new engine changes, and how they can reduce the cost of integrations
• Experience with version control concepts and good practices
• 1+ years of C++ development experience
• Experience with debugging large-scale systems and/or software
It would also be nice if you have
• Experience with C# and Python
• Experience with web development
• Experience in working with a distributed team
• Experience using Perforce
• Experience working with large-scale game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.)
• Experience in software development for Xbox 1 and PS4
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at EA.
Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English.
We look forward to receiving your application!
How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming