Have you ever experienced the deep satisfaction that comes from being a part of an amazing team or the thrill of winning a championship in front of millions of people? Working here is kind of like that!
Our Embedded Engineers are a critical part of our game creation process. They collaborate with game designers, engineers and artists to create a robust foundation for implementing game features and modes. You'll be involved in the whole creation process from architecture, design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms, working on complex problems in the Quality Engineering domain.
• Hands on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech
• Able to understand and work with 3rd party software APIs
• Collaborating with 3rdparty companies on software solutions
• Work with Server and Client engineers to define, hook up and test end-to-end functionality
• Collaborate and contribute within small to medium team of designers, artists and engineers both locally and remotely
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code
• Design, architect and document technical designs for the client side of Client-Server based systems"
• Create tools, features and engine components
• Profiling and optimizing software components of a game
• Create reusable technologies
• Measurably improves process and best practices to achieve targets
• Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
• Work independently with minimal supervision and communicate status
• Tackle problems regardless of domain
• Provide high level estimates for technical projects
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• 5+ years of experience with C++ and with object-oriented design and implementation
• Strong experience with Client/Server and multithreaded architectures
• Knowledge of networking protocols
• Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
• Strong understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Knowledge of hardware setup, package deployment and patching procedures
Nice To Have Skills:
• 2+ years experience working on Microsoft or Sony game consoles or other embedded systems.
• 2+ years of C# and/or Java
• Experience of real-time game networking
• Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools
• Experience with source control systems
• Working knowledge of project or quality tracking software such as Hansoft, DevTrack
• Knowledge of Online multiplayer / Game modes
• Knowledge of server scalability and server security
• Expertise and experience in a core domain such as rendering, AI, audio, online, user interfaces, multi-processor systems, etc.
• Experience working with Linux environments
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent decision-making capabilities
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
• Solid understanding of the Software design/architecture process
• Solid ability to understand direction and execute on work
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site