Manager, Business Continuity Engagement
Vancouver, BC CA
Senior C++ Software Engineer, EAX
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These projects include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role, you will help:
• Deliver quality, robust features in a shared C++ code base that contribute to our platform.
• Enhance the workflows and processes for our team.
• Be the role-model for junior engineers.
You're someone with a track record:
• Architecting, designing, coding, debugging and maintaining a large code base.
• Experience with multi-threaded, asynchronous and deterministic programming
• Ability to work with a large, cross functional, and distributed team
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always changing, agile environment.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 8+ years of C++ experience
• Windows/Mac application development experience
• Having shipped at least one game or application into the market.
In a typical sprint, a senior engineer will
• Plan, estimate and breakdown several features (user stories)
• Spend time reviewing code and mentoring more junior engineers
• Design and code features.