We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
The Rendering Software Engineer is a critical part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
• Research and implement cutting-edge rendering techniques.
• Write technical design specifications.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
• Develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
• Profile and optimize rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine.
• Create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 5+ years' development experience
• Proficiency with C++
• Experience in the design and implementation of cutting edge graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
• Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
• Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
• Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code
• Prior experience shipping at least one title on PS4,PS3, XboxOne or Xbox360.
• Experience with assembler (Intel, PPC), scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
• Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop; knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming.
• Experienced candidates should have expertise in a number of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
• Working knowledge of DX11 a significant plus.
Performance Competencies (Non Technical Skills):
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
• Excellent decision making capabilities.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
• Experience on a game team, having shipped titles, an advantage.