Gameplay Software Engineer (Apex Legends)
We're looking for an accomplished Gameplay Software Engineer to join an established team of developers working on a successful AAA live service competitive shooter.
We are looking for someone who will use their hard-earned expertise to build fast, responsive, and fluid gameplay experiences. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical and gameplay design skills and will embrace and contribute to our team culture to help create an amazing game.
What you'll do…
• Write gameplay scripts and C/C++ code.
• Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to design and build gameplay systems.
• Fix tricky bugs and solve complex problems.
• Proactively identify and deal with potential issues before they blow up.
Ideally, you will have…
• 5+ years experience of professional game development.
• Strong design sensibilities and the ability to express what makes great gameplay.
• Fluency in C/C++.
• Passion for making games and playing them.
• The ability to rapidly create prototypes to test the feasibility of concepts, even if sometimes they don't work out.
• A desire to build a really awesome game with an excited team of talented people.
• Interest in working in all parts of the codebase, as well as creating really fun gameplay.
• Console programming experience, and hopefully you've shipped something already.
• Experience of the unique challenges of delivery of a successful AAA live service.
• Experience with multi-threaded programming.
• Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree.
• Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
• Experience with large codebases and the ability to work on code that you didn't write.
• Experience with optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
Other important qualities…
• You are self-motivated and able to deliver on your promises without micro-management.
• You have a good attitude, and you are someone that designers and artists want to work with.
• You have a proven ability to independently design, schedule, and implement game/engine features.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.