The Opportunity Ahead:
As a Senior Data Analyst in the DTS Analytics team you will play a key role in supporting the busines through data analysis and reporting with the goal of improving the efficiency and quality of business operations. You should be a sharp, curious, and analytical individual who has a passion for diving into data to solve business problems. Your insights will influence the way how we run the business, and ultimately influence the quality of our games.
What a Senior Data Analyst does at EA:
• Performs data analysis on a business process to provide an objective view on how the business operates.
• Presents the findings from the data analysis to the stakeholders, and provides suggestions for improvement in certain aspects of the business.
• Designs, evaluates, and monitors key metrics that provide continuous feedback on the efficacy of the business.
• Builds live data dashboards complete with user documentation.
• Prepares thorough and detailed reports and presentations that help the team identify key areas of opportunity and insight to drive future design and decision-making.
• Evaluates and interprets data to extrapolate risks and opportunities, relaying them to the team and management in a timely manner.
• Outgoing champion for data quality; creating data quality policy and implementing monitoring to ensure compliance.
• Drives best practices in tools and visual technologies for building project dashboards that provide key data for project monitoring and decision making.
• Develops and maintains scripts and queries to import, clean, transform, and augment data.
• Designs and develops statistical analysis models for hypothesis testing, prediction, or inference.
Our Next Senior Data Analyst needs:
• 5+ years of work experience in a past analytical role, leveraging data to drive process improvements.
• Understands well how data is stored in databases and can write fast and reusable SQL code to retrieve it.
• Queries large amounts of semi-structured big data using Hive QL in an efficient way.
• Creates performant and intuitive data models that can be further used for visualization by the team.
• Visualizes high readability data insights using software tools like Power BI, Tableau, or Excel.
• Writes efficient Python or R code to answer data analysis questions with a high degree of confidence.
• Profficently applies statistical analysis solutions using Python or R language.
• Understands the requirements of the of Agile/Waterfall process and adjusts their work as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics etc.) and/or successful completion of post-secondary level Math and Statistics courses.
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to various situations prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
• Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills.
• Ability to initiate and maintain close collaborative partnerships with coworkers and stakeholders.
• Ability to take ownership of projects and look for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement.
• Quick learner with an innate desire to continually learn, adapt, and develop abilities.
• Excellent foundation of math and statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, classification, and the development of statistical models.
• Skillful communicator who is not afraid to ask questions and brings new insights to light.
• Professionalism in working with clients and working in a larger team environment.
• Can establish sense of urgency and prioritize effectively to manage multiple tasks.
• Able to work independently and drive for solutions with all stakeholders.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We thought you might also want to know more about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.