Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Engineering Workflows)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA's state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Frostbite has powered games such as FIFA, Madden NFL, Battlefield, Need For Speed, Dragon Age: Inquisition, PGA Tour and Star Wars Battlefront. Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve. Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal), Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest) and Australia (Melbourne).
The Challenge Ahead:
The Frostbite Engineering Workflows team is responsible for tools that engineers use in their daily workflows. The successful candidate will be part of a team building efficient, robust and intuitive workflows used to create an amazing game development engine!
As a Software Engineer and Product Owner, you will be part of the team that interacts across multiple domains in developing solutions for some very complex problems. We expect that you are more passionate about understanding and solving problems together with the team and are not focused on coding in one specific language. We are looking for a strong generalist who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies, is an excellent communicator, and a team player.
• Design and implement tools that will help improve the efficiency of how software is developed, tested and released while elevating the product quality.
• Work with software engineers across multiple domains, understanding their needs to define and develop tooling in various areas such as build configuration, compilers, and a multitude of other areas.
• Writing code implementing new functionality, and fixing bugs
• Contributing to the Engineering Workflows vision, roadmap and ROI
• Defining iterations, stories and expected outcomes
• Backlog grooming & prioritization
• Responding to support/feature requests and other product related questions
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering
or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Development experience in Engineering Workflows
• 6+ years of professional experience with a variety of languages (C#, Python, Lua, C++)
• Strong knowledge of Agile principles and processes
• In-depth understanding of industry market conditions and trends
• Previous experiences in multiple engineering disciplines encompassing the complete SDLC
• Experience with game engines and core technologies
• Perforce and other SCMs
• Emphasizes practical solutions
• Strong communicator both written and verbal
• Are self-motivated and have a collaborative attitude.
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
• Passionate about improving the workflow experience for the end user
Why join us?
• Tackle strategic technology problems with an impact across all of EA.
• Work on leading edge technology and create high-quality solutions.
• Work with multiple game teams across multiple genres.
• Work with industry leaders and other top-tier people.
• Good work/life balance.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
• How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
• More job openings for the Frostbite team
• More about our locations
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.