Software Development Internship
C++ Engineer Co-Op (January 2021)
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Play, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One, and Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Intern Software Engineer , you will be responsible for designing and implementing software development systems and Origin digital distribution platform features, which means partnering with a multi-discipline team of Product Owners, UX Designers, Technical Leads and Software Engineers, always with an eye on innovation, quality and timely delivery. As part of the broader software engineering team you will be a key contributor to the EAX team based out of EA Still Creek in Burnaby, BC.
You're someone with a proven track record for:
• Gathering requirements, seeking to understand, and successfully collaborating in a team environment.
• Being a strong team player, focused on delivering results
• Finding your way. You've got experience that helps you work and thrive in a cross-functional organization.
• Being scrappy. You're comfortable with a fast-paced, always changing, agile environment and have the confidence to speak your mind.
• Understanding your strengths. You're a solid communicator with a demonstrated ability to partner, collaborate, and engage stakeholders effectively.
• Maintaining calm. You know how to motivate teammates, even when navigating ambiguity and challenging situations.
• Most notably you'll have a rare mix of enthusiasm, critical thinking and good judgement that translate to successfully tackling challenging problems.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• Experience with C++ development
• Additional experience or interest in Java, NodeJS, and/or React Native development
• Experience with git or other source control platforms
• Familiar with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
• Confident with Jira or other issue tracking software.
• Willingness to shape and grow your skill set
• Enthusiasm for gaming, ecommerce platform and cloud computing technologies desired; ability to stay current with industry trends a big plus
In a typical week, the intern software engineer could be…
• Meeting with Product Owners and Technical Leads to identify and understand requirements.
• Designing and implementing solutions for a massive digital distribution platform.
• Participating in code reviews
• Building and maintaining continuous integration, static analysis and other software development systems.
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Other members of the EAX organization to contribute to a high performance software development team.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.