Moving Picture Company
Montreal, QC CA
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
Lighting TDs are responsible for producing high-quality lighting and rendering for our CG scenes. If you have a passion for lighting and can use Maya and Renderman then we want to hear from you, whether you've just graduated, are looking for new challenges or are used to leading teams of Lighting TDs - all levels are welcome!
• Responsible for final 3D scene assembly and rendering of elements required to complete visual effects shots,
• Engaging at every stage of production including pre-visualization of complicated sequences, look development, and research and development,
• Optimize and troubleshoot lighting and rendering problems in a fast paced environment,
• Working closely with CG Supervisors to determine best approach to solve 3D challenges and develop final look,
• Will work closely with compositors to finish selected shots so that computer generated elements are seamlessly integrated with live-action plates.
For consideration we would expect many of the following skills:
• Experience with Maya and/or Houdini as well as a firm understanding of film production / post production techniques in a production environment,
• Intermediate-level compositing experience (Nuke),
• Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks,
• Ability to manage personal as well as team milestones and deadlines,
• Strong communication skills are critical. Candidate must be able to work within a team, taking direction and exercising attention to detail in a fast-paced production environment,
• Experience with Renderman, Redshift, and/or Mantra a plus,
• Experience with Texture Painting or Look Development a plus,
• Experience with 3D modeling/texturing a plus,
• Experience with Python scripting a plus,
• At least 3 years of experience lighting for Feature Films.
This job application remains open even when we don't have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site