Montreal, QC CA
Everyone in our industry has a Motive - an idea they want to bring to life, something they've never seen before in a game that they want to make a reality. This is what drives everyone at Motive. The only limit here is the team's imagination. Motive is a new creative-motivated studio, led by a team of industry veterans, Motive aims to redefine action games and bring the highest quality new games to players. If you are passionate about games and motivated to push your craft further this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our team!
Game Designer (3Cs):
As a Game Designer (3Cs), you will own features and content around the ''3Cs'' (player character, camera, controls).
As game designers, we partner with a team of our peers across the disciplines to create great player experiences. You will join a team of game designers who report to the Lead Game Designer. Together, the game design team works out problems, improves our craft, and makes sure all the gameplay elements work together.
• Create features and content related to the character, camera, controls, player tools, abilities, and weapons.
• Work with design leadership and your peers to develop the vision for moment-to-moment gameplay that supports the creative direction.
• Work with a team through all stages of development to design and implement your features and content to create great player experiences.
• Communicate design through multiple means including documentation, presentations to the team, and direct collaboration with other developers.
• Collect and use qualitative data (playtest, usability, and customer feedback) and quantitative data (telemetry and analytics) to inform what we do.
• Provide relevant, constructive design feedback to other designers and use the feedback you receive to improve your own work.
• Provide meaningful guidance and mentorship to peers and staff to help foster a creative and candid studio culture.
• 5+ years of design experience in video games, including both written design and hands-on implementation.
• Design credits on at least one AAA title where you were responsible for parts or all of the player character, gameplay camera, controls, player tools, abilities, and weapons.
• Experience with recent titles and trends in the market and the ability to apply insights from them.
• A focus on player experience.
• The curiosity and courage to experiment, learn, and lead the industry
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site