FIFA - Lead Game Product Manager
Vancouver, BC CA
Who Are We?
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the FUEL that inspires the best games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
We are the EA Sports Mobile Team, a division of EA creating high-quality mobile games and focusing on delivering high-quality, immersive experiences created to fit the lifestyle of mobile gamers. EA Sports Mobile operates in Vancouver, British Columbia, Orlando, Florida, and Bucharest, Romania.
Your Impact at EA:
At EA, Game Designers are champions of the product. As a Game Designer you'll be an essential member of the team, shaping our games to satisfy both hardcore and casual players, driving commercial success on a free-to-play business model.
• Report to the Lead Designer and help define the design with regards to every facet of the game: structure, flow, economy, etc.
• Work with a multi-location team to help bring designs from concept to release.
• Collaborate with all disciplines – engineering, art, QA – to implement features, systems and content on schedule and to a high standard of quality.
• Give direction and feedback to other design team members regarding the specifics of implementation.
• Plan and implement mechanics and metagame tuning, including collecting and integrating feedback from user experience testing.
• Develop and maintain design documentation, with an emphasis on clarity and concision.
• Identify and propose improvements to workflows and tools.
Who You Are:
• 4+ years of professional game design experience.
• Production experience, or experience leading a team (setting deliverables and objectives, and delivering on them)
• Experience designing mobile free-to-play games.
• Experience with metagame design, social gameplay and endgame activities highly desirable.
• Live service experience also desirable.
• Deep familiarity with BCG, RPG, and sports genres on mobile, PC, and console platforms.
• Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office (specifically Excel and Visio), wikis (e.g., Confluence) and wireframing (e.g., Balsamiq, Adobe XD) highly advantageous.
• Please provide a portfolio including game design documentation and other examples of your design work***