Software Engineer, Animation and Cinematics
Vancouver, BC CA
Software Engineer, Frostbite Animation and Cinematics
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
Why join the Frostbite team?
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will collaborate with game developers and content creators across EA worldwide to develop cutting edge tools and runtime technologies. You will tackle animation and cinematics engine challenges across a broad range of genres and the results of your work will have a real impact on the final quality of games enjoyed by millions of players. And you will be part of a team that is passionate about pushing our technologies forward while having fun.
You will begin your Frostbite journey in the Animation and Cinematics team. When opportunity arises, you could broaden your knowledge and take on new challenges in other domains, such as Audio, Movie, Editor Framework and Gameplay.
• BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
• Passion for solving hard problems with great people
• Passion for learning and embrace new challenges
• Strong technical communication and collaboration skills
• Experience with C# and UI development
• Experience with C++
• Experience in game engine development
• Experience developing real-time animation or cinematics systems
• Passion for video games
Why join us?
• Tackle strategic technology problems with an impact across all of EA.
• Work on leading edge technology and create high quality solutions.
• Work closely with multiple game teams across multiple genres.
• Work with industry leaders and other top-tier people.
• Good work/life balance.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
• How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
• More job openings for the Frostbite team
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site