Senior UX Designer
The ideal candidate will have experience working with console/desktop/mobile applications, ideally games, and a strong understanding of best practices for UX. You will also have experience working directly with artists, game designers and engineers to translate high-level product requirements into designs that deliver compelling and delightful user experiences.
What a UX Designer does at EA:
• Support user experience design of features from conception to launch
• Thrive in a fast-paced work environment which requires self-direction, deep thinking, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
• Able to take existing designs and suggest improvements
• Employ a Player First mentality with design to create outstanding interactive experiences
• Partner with Producers, UI artists and engineering to quickly create detailed wireframes, flowcharts and prototypes and other product deliverables to effectively communicate product requirements
• Support usability testing and focus groups to validate design and product direction
• Help ensure UX consistency and that a standardized process is adhered to
• Work with design team to iterate on core UX improvements to feature within the game.
• Deep-dive analysis of flows and interactions and identify friction points.
• Produce prototypes to help sell the design intent
The next great UX Designer also needs:
• An avid gamer, who loves to talk about games and what makes them great
• Proficiency in user experience/interaction design and/or Bachelor's Degree in UX, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline.
• 3+ years' experience as a dedicated UX designer solving complex interaction problems using qualitative and quantitative data
• Relevant experience in User Experience Design for console, desktop or mobile applications is a bonus
• Experience in game development is a strong asset
• Proficiency in user experience design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, inVision, Sketch)
• A strong creative problem solver that challenges the status quo
• A critical thinker who understands system level design
• A confident speaker and presenter that can be the voice of the player
Your portfolio will demonstrate:
• Sports fan, hockey in particular
• Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills illustrating an iterative design process
• Strong knowledge of UX process as applied to games, applications or web design
• Case studies highlighting user centered design research and its impact on design solutions
• Examples of wireframes, low and high fidelity, prototypes, and information architecture mapping