Advanced Business Analyst, EAX Analytics
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to provide new ways to play.
As the Motive Vancouver Game General Manager, you will work with the EA and Studio leadership to create and achieve product vision, core pillars and our goals. You will direct the game's production execution and ensure that essential production goals are met, and the game is built for live service excellence from the onset. As a primary member of the Studio Leadership Team you will also help build studio culture and aligning studio operations and communications.
Game Development and Production
• Oversee the operational framework for product development, including development processes, production planning, status reporting, risk management, resource management and budgeting.
• Identify risks associated with meeting feature and release milestones; ensure steps are taken to address any risk to scheduled milestones
• Ensure agreement on all aspects of product development, innovation and live service vision with team and EA leadership
• Communicate with game and studio leadership to track the status of milestones and ensure deadlines are met
• Provide oversight around essential game development processes, including the Studio's title planning and green light processes.
• Lead process improvement forward through direct and dotted line reports. This includes transparent processes for quality product delivery and new ways of thinking about operations.
• Participate in monthly Studio operational/business reviews by presenting metrics and critical risks / mitigation for projects.
• Conduct reviews with development teams, advise on best practices and partner to design solutions to challenges that arise.
• Partner with Studio Finance to prepare accurate and reasonable project budgets and develop the game within that budget
• Provide complex project solutions across multiple disciplines that consider process and technology.
• Sell the vision of the game across EA and our industry, including interviews and meetings with the press, partner companies, and EA executives
• Incorporate a culture of data and analytics into the team from concept. Ensure partnership with design early and empower analytics and game product managers to help create a data-driven live service
Who You Are:
You have 10+ years of operations and production leadership experience in a mobile or AAA Game development environment with cross-platform style game experience and live services experience preferred.
• Experience leading diverse teams, including creative and engineering
• History of leading a team of between 5 to 10 direct reports and managing other managers
• Multi-year product experience leading successful teams of 30+ people
• Accomplished at staffing a growing studio
• Comprehensive P&L experience
• Experience with Game Service Partners (e.g. marketing, central tech, other central services)
• Expertise overseeing published game titles, live services and game as a service/mobile
• Track record leading successful game titles from concept through launch
• Skill at partnering with other teams in a matrixed organization
You can reach our recruiter at: Rebecca Davis
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.