We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last-minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
EA Sports DevOps Engineer
The Quality, Verification, and Standards engineering team develops and maintains automation and tools that support game development and quality verification for the Sports titles in the EA portfolio.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Cloud Engineer to join our team, and our attention is focused on candidates with high enthusiasm, dedication, and passion for technology.
You will work with team members and different partners, some of which are based remotely in different locations and time zones, to implement and maintain large-scale product projects like the migration of on-prem systems to cloud-based providers and to troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding those projects. All of these will be done with a focus on efficient communication, uptime, and predictability.
You will report to the Quality Engineering Development Director based in Bucharest, work closely with the offsite Technical Director and you will have a team of supportive colleagues that would be happy to collaborate with you.
• Directly support engineering environments through all stages of development.
• Support the migration of on-prem applications to the cloud.
• Perform OS configuration and management.
• Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
• Designs and develops extensive scripting and productivity-enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks
• Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support.
• Support datastore back-up and recovery
• Support an ''always-on'' network infrastructure.
• Support CI (Jenkins and GitLab) and CD operations (Deployment Strategies like B/G, Canary)
• The first line of support on operations - monitor support channels, troubleshoot and correct issues raised
• Evaluate and adopt technologies that improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
• Work with our team and partners to implement innovative technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model
• 4+ years of experience with Linux and Windows environments
• You are familiar and have experience with cloud technologies, architecture, and methodologies (AWS is preferred and similar experience in Azure/Google Cloud might help but are not mandatorily required)
• You have a keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies: Docker and Container Orchestration tools; Kubernetes would be nice to have.
• You are familiar and have working experience with CI/CD, and pipelines.
• You have a working knowledge of the following scripting languages: PowerShell and Groovy and are familiar with distributed source control such as Git within GitLab.
• Experience in the design and implementation of distributed applications
Nice to have(s):
• Specific experience with Cloud-based server deployments to AWS, EC2, or OpenStack
• You have a working knowledge of the following database technologies: SQLServer, ElasticSearch, or MongoDB.
• Alerting systems (such as Zabbix) may be more important than reporting tools (such as Kibana), but both are useful.
• Experience working with different network technologies – NLB, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches and Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Network Subnetting, VLAN
• Basic understanding of security protocols and methods such as authorization/authentication and of IT administration