Web Developer - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Role: Director of DevOps – EA SPORTS
The DevOps team is looking for a talented Operations leader to join our globally distributed excellent operations team. The team oversees the planning, tracking, and escalations of online services management and delivery for all of the EA SPORTS products. Not only do we manage the online services for some of the most successful games in the industry, but we also develop and support tools and technologies for the game teams to enhance and optimize online game development. The DevOps team works closely with the SPORTS game teams such as FIFA and Madden to understand their online services needs, and translates those needs into technical requirements.
We're looking for candidates with experience managing operations teams and leading large-scale projects, with high energy, dedication, and passion for technology.
Reporting to the VP, Head of Technology – EA SPORTS, you will lead and manage the globally distributed team's operations. You will partner with the Technical Director of Operations to manage the development and live operations for our products and oversee projects with excellent results. You have demonstrated ability to work effectively with large-scale systems and have proven ability to multitask and prioritize. You will excel in partnership management and diplomacy, as they will collaborate with leaders throughout the organization including VP level and above. We ask that you have excellent troubleshooting skills, strong attention to detail, with strong focus on uptime and predictability.
You will be directly responsible for the work, output, and growth of this organization which operates 24/7 with teams in Vancouver, Orlando, Austin, Bucharest, and Seoul.
• Manage, coach and inspire direct-reporting development managers, while creating strong positive relationships with the entire team
• Partner with external shared service teams to accomplish franchise requirements.
• Build and evolve effective team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
• Provide line management to employees with diverse teams.
• Oversee the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet organization and franchise requirements
Experience in Technical Operations:
• Build and run production and internal business services.
• Maintain an efficient deployment pipeline through the use of configuration management.
• Drive best practices in Change Management to ensure Uptime Service level agreements are met.
• Manage important live issues and drive resolution and root cause analysis.
• Establish and assign franchise level goals from defined from organizational goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a franchise level.
• Proactively assess and mitigate risk across the group.
• Partner with team members to manage scope and quality.
• Make decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly;
• Manage the team budget and budget planning process;
• Partner closely with all internal departments such as Finance, HR, and Talent Acquisition.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong people management skills; ability to challenge and develop talent;
• Understanding of project management methodology; can model systems and reports using Excel, Project, Word, VISIO and other EA standard tools;
• Experience managing large project including establishing project plan and project budget, determining task dependencies, assigning tasks and implementing operational changes.
• You can identify/mitigate risks; taking appropriate steps to resolve difficulties including changes to work methods, technologies and project schedules;
• You take ownership and see projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances, demonstrating a sense of dependability and commitment
• You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, recognizing and balancing priorities and identifying new methods to deal with issues;
• You learn quickly and apply new concepts, principles and procedures to maintain solution-oriented approach while dealing with change and you deal with ambiguity by asking questions or championing solutions.
• Minimum of 8+ years project management or team leadership experience;
• Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
• Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
• Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment that values collaboration.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site