Game Designer (Temporary) - DICE
This is a 6 months contract with potential for extension.
What does DICE look for?
We are now looking for a Game Designer with special interest in engagement features, in-game economics and systems for progression. You will report to a Design Craft manager and be managed by a lead designer on the project.
The person we are looking for have a passion for games and an understanding of the players and what drives them. So, if you are looking for working with the very best in the industry and in a highly creative environment, send us your application today!
Essential duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with owners of other parts of the game to make sure the engagement systems follow the direction and work in harmony with the game
• Design and implement rewards, assignments and progression using the Frostbite Engine and other EA tools
• Guide others and collaborate with other disciplines if your design needs support from other crafts
• Care about the player journey from beginner to master and beyond, always looking for what to do to engage
Required Skills & Experience:
• Understanding of AAA titles for consoles in the action or FPS genre
• Experience with the player, playstyle and personas
• Proven skills in engagement systems design
• Worked with game engines and game engine editors.
• Excellent skills in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and analytics
• Proven documentation skills
• Excellent knowledge in communicating
Experience & Qualities Sought:
• Relevant education and diploma (Game Design, Computer Science, engineering etc)
• 2 + years of Design Experience
• 1 + years working with engagement design
• Experience in economics and conversion
• Understanding of current trends in gaming and in particular engagement mechanics in the Shooter genre
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and healthcare allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working at DICE, we value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Apply online with a resume and cover letter. As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site