Online Software Engineer
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The new EA SPORTS Central Platform Team partners with leading EA SPORTS franchises, including FIFA, Madden, NHL and more, to assist in the adoption of strategic technology development initiatives; including platform exploration, adoption and expansion. Team members will have the opportunity to collaborate and impact various SPORTS development teams to support evolving and strategic tech development goals designed to reach more players in new places.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Online Engineer is involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
What you will do as an Online Engineer:
• Develop technical solutions for online game features.
• Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
• Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
• Work with 3rd party software APIs.
• You will report to the online team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
We are looking for:
• 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
• Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures.
• Knowledge of modern database technologies.
• Knowledge of networking protocols.
• Knowledge of good software programming practices.
• Experience with 3rd party APIs.
Nice to have:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 2+ years of experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
• Experience of real-time game networking.
• Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
• Experience with source control systems will come in handy.
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site