Associate VFX Artist (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
As an Associate VFX Artist you will display fierce art skills in composition and timing, have knowledge of the game development cycle and be willing to jump on any problem we throw your way. That could mean anything from working with designers to improve the feel of gameplay, working with environment artists to heighten the games atmosphere or collaborating with other team members to amplify a cinematic cutscene to the highest quality. A willingness to jump in and learn fast is a vital part of this role.
• Creating stunning visuals effects for the FPS genre using proprietary real time particle systems.
• High standards of artist skill in creating effects.
• A critical eye and appreciation of cinematics when placing effects.
• Working with Level Designers, Team Leads and directors to create FX for stunning environments and compelling moments.
• Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers.
• Knowledge of Maya/Max, and Photoshop.
• Experience with other engines toolsets such as Unreal and Unity.
• Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art.
• Experience with creating high-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
• Experience with Houdini, FumeFX, Maya Fluids or similar.
• Experience and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site