Backend Software Engineer
Stockholm, SE SE
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and excellent tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
We are now looking for a Senior Product Manager - Development at Scale to join the Frostbite team!
The size of the Frostbite development team and the partner teams within the AAA game studios are growing. Realizing this opportunity requires a Development at Scale vision. Join Frostbite as a Senior Product Manager for Development at Scale and help lead the transformation of helping our engineers collaborate more and thus, scale the engine.
As a Senior Product Manager - Development at Scale, you will:
• Establish the vision, strategy, success measures, hypotheses and road-map for the Frostbite Development at Scale teams
• Direct, motivate and engage with the Frostbite Development at Scale teams while also becoming an advocate for their ideas
• Work with engineer customers to understand their workflows and requirements and represent them towards development and the Development at Scale teams
• Perform competitive analysis
• Become a member of the international Frostbite product management team and help establish and partially own overall Frostbite vision and road maps
• Be responsible (dotted line) for several Agile Product Owners
• Work with Program Managers, Technical Directors, and Engineering Managers to ensure sustainable delivery of a product that meets business and quality goals
• Experience within development using C++ or C#
• Experience working as a Product Manager across a distributed team
• Experience or passion working with developer experiences
• Experience working with large development teams to ensure workflows across large codebases, CI, automation, modular design, and related engineering services
• Experience setting high-level vision and making it materialize through strategy, success metrics, placing and testing hypotheses
• Experience building internal software communities
• Experience working with internal partners to agree on and commit to shared goals on a global scale
• Experience understanding user experience and how to provide user value
• Experience using Agile methodologies
Bonus Points If You:
• Experience with game development or game engine development
• Experience with outcome-based product management
• Experience in agile methodologies
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes outstanding people to make amazing games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, pension plans, bonuses and RSU's, tuition reimbursement, free video games, and more!
• How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
• More job openings for the Frostbite team
• More about our location
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site