External Development Art Lead
Guildford, United Kingdom
We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
What an External Development Art Lead does at Criterion:
We are looking for creative, collaborative and passionate people to help us and our partners create beautiful assets and immersive worlds that enhance the game experience. We need your creative eye and process focus to help direct external partners in creating amazing content.
Reporting to the Team Art Director, you will work with artists, level designers and technical artists. The team operates a highly collaborative and iterative design process where all voices are valued and encouraged, in an environment that fosters growth and autonomy.
Working with the Art Leads, you will not only be involved in feedback, but you will help inform production briefs and set them up for success.
We're drawn to:
• Experience working with outsourcers - though not essential
• Understanding of the technical rights and wrongs of asset creation and scene layout, displaying good technical knowledge, caring about keeping our game running smoothly on console
• Natural passion for delivering quality, with a great eye for detail and an understanding of good level layout
• General knowledge of common production techniques including; high-low poly baking, modular asset creation, whiteboxing, physically based rendering and sculpting
• Experience with 3D content creation and texturing tools such as Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop
• Love of art and games
• Previous game development experience
We're based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
• More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/