We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
As Software Engineer you will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
• Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected
• Work with 3rd party software APIs
• Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely
• Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms
• Use and design REST-based HTTP APIs
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
• 3+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
• Strong knowledge with C++, ASM is a bonus
• Json and XML, able to read/understand and write
• Experience working with online services/severs (HTTP via REST)
• Knowledge of REST-based APIs
• Experience with 3rd party APIs
• Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools
• Experience with source control systems
The benefits and perks of working for EA