Head of Technology (EA Partners)
We Are EA Partners
EA Partners (EAP) looks for the best and boldest independent studios talent worldwide to partner with and support them to release and publish new games that our players will love. We always look for innovative games, from small indies to large independent game studios around the world, who are looking to use the experience of EA as both a development and publishing partner. We aim to build lasting, respectful and mutually successful partnerships with all of our independent studios.
We are looking for motivated individuals to drive the EAP business forward and grow our already experienced global production team.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for an experienced technical leader for our Head of Technology role. You will oversee and provide the technical direction for EA Partners. You will provide risk management, expert knowledge and technical vision to the global EAP group. The person we are looking for has a mix of technical and people leadership experience from the gaming industry.
Our EAP operation consists of a number of existing ongoing independent game studio partnerships across the world. In addition to these independent game development studios, EAP has active dialogue with our past partner studios which form our back catalogue and many other prospective partner studios around the world at any one time.
What a Head of Technology Does at EA
As part of the EAP leadership team, you will help form and drive the EAP strategy, ensuring the necessary technology strategy is in place to support it. Vital to this is ensuring continuous improvement of engineering, tools, and workflows practices, with associated goals across EAP studios. You will oversee 3rd party tech relationships for EAP and act as an escalation point for EAP studios Technical Directors. Further responsibilities include:
• Foster relationships between EAP studios and central teams, for example, EA Digital Platform, Frostbite™, and Quality Engineering.
• Reviewing all teams' technical plans, ensuring accurate status and reporting, and maintaining a risk register with oversight.
• You will be an ambassador for EAP on the Worldwide Studios Head of Technology Council and Global EA Technical Council.
• Work with console manufacturers such as Sony and Microsoft to influence and share strategic plans, technical roadmaps, product roadmaps and specifications.
• Identify common patterns of problems and solutions and share the findings amongst our EAP game teams, our central teams, our technical leadership, and any external partners.
You Will Need
• 15+ years of game industry experience with at least 5 product cycles on PC or consoles in a technical management leadership role, and within a live service environment.
• Experience working closely with game teams, central teams, and external partners.
• Experience designing complex software systems and leading them to completion.
• Agile development experience, preferably SCRUM.
• In-depth understanding of the console, PC, and online game market.
• Experience managing performance through mentoring.
• The ability to translate technical vision, issues, and goals into relevant information for business leaders.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
• Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
• Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
• Private medical insurance and dental care
• Pension scheme
• Life insurance
• Stock plans
• Free onsite gym
• Employee discounts
• Rail season ticket loan
• Annual game points and digital download allowance
• Onsite café
• 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
• Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
• Casual dress code
• Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!