Quality Designer II (Apex Legends)
Respawn Vancouver is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team of working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Design, and Production groups, you will be the primary QA owner for multiple high-complexity features within the title, responsible for the end-to-end quality plan, including both packaged goods delivery and Live services.
You will be essential to ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA accomplish its commitment to putting Players First.
You will report to the Development Director.
What you will do as a Quality Designer:
• Be a mentor for QA teams, help them resolve complex problems and growing their skills.
• Develop working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams by guiding a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
• Propose and bring solutions to problems from senior leadership.
• End-to-end ownership of quality strategy.
• Understand past and similar iterations of services, perform analysis, use data, report on findings, and provide meaningful insights.
• Support Production group with defining the qualitative strategy for the title(s). The Quality Designer works directly with senior Production members to ensure that indicators are in-place to validate quality assumptions, and to track progress over time.
• Collaborate and promote best practices across multiple teams and across multiple studios.
• Help identify technical solutions and automation opportunities.
• Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other partners.
Who you are:
• Multiple years experienced as a game analyst/feature owner
• Shipped multiple AAA titles from concept to final/live service
• Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
• Experienced coordinating tasks with partners from off-site studios
• Compile data points spanning multiple sources into a cohesive, consumable, and applicable summary to senior partners.
• Experienced with agile/scrum software development
• Experience partnering with design team from concept to final/live service as a champion of game quality
• Experience with game development process and milestones of EA's GDF (Game Development Framework)
• Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, continual releases, content deployments, etc.)
• Proficient with development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce).
• Experienced with automation frameworks
• Can plan and communicate technical/automation requirements and potential value to partners (has demonstrated in past)
• Proficient with the auditing of defects. Heavy emphasis on data-driven decision-making
• Guide QA evolution by proposing workflow improvements learned through QA communities.
Other desirable expertise:
• Meta/Game Balance
• Modes/Live Events
• Content creation workflows (Characters, Worlds, UI)