Technical Quality Control Operator - Subtitling
Due to increasng workload from a major client, we are looking to add new members to our Subtitle team in Sheffield.
Technical QC is the very important final stage in a project before it is delivered to the client. The primary focus of the Technical QC operator is to vet subtitles that have either been created in-house or externally and ensure that only content meeting the required standards is delivered. The QC operator requires attention to detail, the ability following strict guidelines, and have ability to comprehend complex technical topics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Track the progress of the subtitles using ZOO's Workflow management platform.
• Referencing checklists to perform quality control checks on subtitle assets using ZOO's Cloud-based platform for producing, managing, and converting subtitles and captions.
• Retrieving, uploading, and maintaining assets within client archiving systems whilst adhering to security measures.
• Close collaboration with the QC manager and Subtitle QC seniors to;
Obtain an in-depth knowledge of client specifications.
Discuss best subtitle technical practices.
Discern video, audio, and subtitle files and formats to implement the correct measures required by the client.
• Collaborate with the English, Languages and Project Management teams to find effective solutions.
The position requires attention to detail, following strict guidelines, check lists and instructions, detail oriented and have ability to comprehend complex technical topics.
• In depth knowledge of Excel or other spreadsheet tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage a variety of tasks under pressure
• Proactive, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to work independently and as a team player
• Analytical and structured problem-solving abilities
• Any prior audio/video, quality control experience or exposure to working with multiple languages would be highly desirable. An understanding of video compression and the various codecs used by broadcasters and VOD platforms would be advantageous, but not essential
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. Along with a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits which include:
• Pension scheme
• Free city centre parking
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7e3k-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.