WELCOME TO ZOO
ZOO Digital are an award-winning cloud software company with offices in Sheffield, London, LA, and Dubai. We help the biggest names in global entertainment to reach audiences everywhere with our high-quality localization and media services, adapting original TV and movie content for different languages, regions, and cultures.
Our Mission: To help our clients share their stories, by adapting the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy.
Our Clients: Major Hollywood studios and streaming services, like Disney, Netflix, NBC Universal, Paramount, Facebook, Sony, and HBO, among others.
Our Services: Dubbing, subtitling and captioning, audio description, metadata localization, artwork localization and media processing.
ZOO Digital's state of the art technology services are backed by the award-winning bespoke software created by our ever-growing Research & Development team, ZOO Digital Labs. The team create cutting edge software solutions to supercharge our services and make our customers' lives easier. To find out more, visit https://www.zoodigital.com/
ABOUT THE ROLE
Location: Sheffield/Hybrid remote working
ZOO Digital currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Quality Control Operator to join our busy Subtitling team based in Sheffield. The Subtitling team work[KF1] with major clients on numerous ongoing projects, working within agreed time frames and funding parameters. Technical Quality Control is a vital final stage before project delivery, and involves vetting subtitles that have been created in-house or externally to ensure that all content meets agreed quality standards.
The Technical QC Operator requires attention to detail, the ability following strict guidelines, and have ability to comprehend complex technical topics.
Duties and responsibilities include;
• Track the progress of the subtitles using ZOO's Workflow management platform.
• Referencing checklists to perform quality control checks on subtitle assets using ZOO's Cloud-based platform for producing, managing, and converting subtitles and captions.
• Retrieving, uploading, and maintaining assets within client archiving systems whilst adhering to security measures.
• Close collaboration with the QC manager and Subtitle QC seniors
• Obtain an in-depth knowledge of client specifications.
• Discuss best subtitle technical practices.
• Discern video, audio, and subtitle files and formats to implement the correct measures required by the client.
• Collaborate with the English, Languages and Project Management teams to find effective solutions.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our Technical Quality Control Operators have great attention to detail and the ability to comprehend complex technical topics. We are keen to hear from applicants with a strong knowledge of any technical media editing software, Microsoft Excel, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a good understanding of subtitle practices and the ability to manage a variety of tasks under pressure.
We are also looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
• Proactive, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to work independently and as a team player
• Analytical and structured problem-solving abilities
• Any prior audio/video, quality control experience or exposure to working with multiple languages would be highly desirable. An understanding of video compression and the various codecs used by broadcasters and VOD platforms would be advantageous, but not essential
WHY CHOOSE ZOO?
Our technology is constantly evolving, so there's never a dull moment with ZOO! Our team is made up of creatives, innovators, linguists, and collaborators from all corners of the world, and we employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. Along with a competitive salary, we also offer excellent company benefits, which include;
• Flexi time
• Westfield Health & Rewards Portal
• Unlimited access to over 5000 courses on Udemy for Business
• Pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. For further details on what it's like to work for us, please visit our company Glassdoor page - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-ZOO-Digital-Group-EI_IE12459.11,28.htm
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqbxjx-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.