Localization Project Manager
Remote / Virtual
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 Dependent on experience
Location: Remote or Hybrid working (Sheffield or London office)
Welcome to ZOO Digital
We are partners to the biggest names in global entertainment. Our mission is to make their lives easier and help them share their stories with the world. Our services, solutions and technologies transform the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy. Our clients include Disney, Netflix, HBO and Facebook.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at our award-winning company which is made up of some of the smartest thinkers in entertainment.
The Partner Engagement Manager role will have overall responsibility for recruiting, qualifying, on-boarding and continually assessing new and existing vendor partner resources for our international subtitling production group.
In this role you will be responsible for vendor management which includes establishing connections with worldwide vendors and freelancer networks for all languages. This will require you to manage relationships across multiple time zones, whilst working closely with our UK & US in house teams
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Continuously research and recruit new qualified and appropriate vendor resources.
• Negotiate general as well as project-specific vendor rates that are in line with ZOO's business needs.
• Work closely with in house production and Localization Project Management teams on on-going and upcoming productions, to assist in managing resource allocation and scheduling.
• Manage and continuously keep updated records of all onboarded vendors' resources, capacities and performance.
• Maintain database of direct ZOO onboarded subtitling vendors.
• Negotiate and regularly review external third-party supplier costs, as well as assessing and maintaining high quality thresholds.
• Host ZOOsubs (and other ZOO systems as necessary) introduction and training sessions for new vendors to ensure they are all trained and capable of using ZOO's platform.
• Provide vendors with feedback on quality, timely delivery and performance for all outsourced partner work, in collaboration with the Localization Project Management team.
• Research emerging territory resources and where necessary offer business solutions of potential territory options.
• Maintain supplier quality control procedures for outsource partners.
• Provide the ZOO Sales Team with best supplier costs for potential sales (high volume tenders and one-off project quotes), in collaboration with the subtitling Localization project management team.
• Occational international travel to meet and negotiate with suppliers.
• Be a frontline representative of the business and advocate of ZOO to new and existing vendors.
The successful applicant is highly organized, has excellent negotiation and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and is able to deal with stakeholders at all levels in a diplomatic and professional manner. Along with the ability to manage your time in order to maintain great communication with global vendors and internal teams
You will have:
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently - requiring minimal supervision; display understanding of how the job relates to others.
• Have a proactive approach and the ability to find your own resources, at the same time have the ability to recognize when to escalate for advice
• Strong problem-solving skills - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• The ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage time effectively
• Ability to work well under pressure to deadlines
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to deal with stakeholders at all levels
• Knowledge of an additional language would be an advantage
• Previous experience withing the subtitling industry
• Previous experience as a vendor manager
Along with a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits which includes:
• Flexi time
• Pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Reward and Benefits Portal - ZOOPerks
• Unlimited access to over 5000 courses on Udemy for business
Life at ZOO is pretty special – and sharing heart-stopping moments and beloved characters with the world is only part of it. We embrace variety and celebrate diversity. We elevate each other to be the best we can be. So, step into our world. A world where talent and technology combine to solve challenges today and in the future. A world where people look at things differently to anticipate what's next.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjxbo-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Since 2001, we showcase, localize and distribute the movies and TV shows the world wants to see. All powered by awesomeness. We help Hollywood studios, global broadcasters, online retailers and independent distributors reach audiences everywhere. Securely and efficiently. We combine our world-class cloud technology with amazing client teams in the UK and US, some of the most talented in-territory translators in the industry and a growing network of trusted local partners - to deliver awesome results for our clients.