Location: Remote, Flexible Hybrid, or Office Based (El Segundo)
Welcome to ZOO Digital
We are partners to the biggest names in global entertainment. Our mission is to make their lives easier and help them share their stories with the world. Our services, solutions and technologies transform the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy. Our clients include Disney, Netflix, HBO and Facebook.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at our award-winning company which is made up of some of the smartest thinkers in entertainment.
We are currently looking for a Manager for our very busy Localization team based in El Segundo, CA!
The Manager, Localization is a member of the Subtitling Team and is responsible for managing and supporting a team of Localization Project Managers. This includes keeping the team updated on all procedures and workflows and ensuring they are adhered to, and that all subtitling projects within the business are managed in a timely fashion and delivered to the highest standard.
Manager, Localization serves as a liaison between the translation team and other internal departments at ZOO and is responsible for managing communication and workflows with internal and external resources.
The goal of the Manager, Localization is to manage and support the Localization Project Managers in completing all assigned projects on time, within project scope, while maintaining highest level of client satisfaction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Managing a team of Localization Project Managers; planning and evaluating department activities. Stepping in to manage projects, as necessary.
• Accomplishes department objectives by managing the Localization Project Manager team; planning and evaluating department activities.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Ensures a safe, secure, and legal work environment.
• Develops personal growth opportunities.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees.
• Develops, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
• Implementing company objectives, identifies and evaluates trends and options, chooses a course of action, and evaluates outcomes.
• Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer problems, and recommending workflow improvements.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Steps in to support the team with project management, as and if necessary, by:
• Create workorders and assign new orders to translators and quality controllers.
• Create and manage project schedules for translators and quality controllers.
• Select suitable freelance translators according to their skill set and rates.
• Ensure project budget is adhered to by selecting appropriate resources.
• Manage all assigned projects, ensuring that all tasks and projects are completed in a timely manner.
• Provide support to freelance translators on all project related items including: Making informed creative decisions, answering general translation or style guide related questions, rearranging schedules and deadlines when needed, providing training on the use of our internal tools.
• Troubleshoot issues that arises throughout the life of the project.
• Coordinate with internal departments to accomplish project completion to scope.
• Ensure that all project specifications and style guides are adhered to by providing all relevant information to translators and quality controllers. Coordinating and staying on top of any updates or revisions and distributing that information as required to translators and quality controllers.
• Liaise with internal clients, team members, translators, and quality controllers regarding any project related updates throughout the project, ensuring that translators and internal teams are kept informed about all relevant updates.
• Complete additional administrative duties as needed, which includes but are not limited to: Completing necessary forms, spreadsheets and trackers, updating and managing dates using our internal workflow management system, assisting in new translator set ups, maintaining and updating our translator database, creating internal work-orders and managing translator and quality controllers purchase orders.
• Manage the translation capacity of all assigned languages by periodically inquiring with existing translators about their availability and capacity and updating database and relevant spreadsheets accordingly.
• Manage translators' performance and provide training and feedback, as necessary, to ensure highest standard.
• Coordinate with external vendors and clients as needed.
• Successfully managing the balance between quality, profitability and customer service.
• Perform related tasks as necessary and as assigned by department manager.
Key Competency Statement(s)
• Performance management
• Conflict resolution
• Project management
• Linguistics and localization industry
• Quality management
• Result driven
• Developing standards
• Foster teamwork
• Handles pressure
• Giving feedback
• Educated to degree level with preference given to those with a modern language degree.
• Five years' prior experience in the subtitling localization industry
• Three years prior experience in project management
• Native speaker in a second language
• Proficiency with office software
• Preference will be given to those with previous experience in managing subtitle production teams, a background in project management in the subtitling localization industry, and who is a native speaker in a second language.
Salary: $65k-$85k DOE
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. Along with a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits which include:
Medical, Dental, Vision
STD, LTD, Life Insurance
Share Save Plan
Membership Discount at Bay Clubs
Unlimited access to over 5,000 courses on Udemy for business
Life at ZOO is pretty special – and sharing heart-stopping moments and beloved characters with the world is only part of it. We embrace variety and celebrate diversity. We elevate each other to be the best we can be. So, step into our world. A world where talent and technology combine to solve challenges today and in the future. A world where people look at things differently to anticipate what's next.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkp1m-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.