Location: Sheffield with flexible hybrid working (home and office based), or fully remote.
Salary: £21,500 - £23,500 dependent on experience
Full time, permanent position, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Welcome to ZOO Digital
We are partners to the biggest names in global entertainment. Our mission is to make their lives easier and help them share their stories with the world. Our services, solutions and technologies transform the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy. Our clients include Disney, Netflix, HBO and Facebook.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at our award-winning company which is made up of some of the smartest thinkers in entertainment. Due to significant growth within the department, we are looking to add new members to our busy Localization team.
The Localization Project Manager collaborates with other Localization Project Managers and the Localization Managers to ensure the quality and timeliness of the translation & QC portions of any given project. You should be proactive, client focused and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment. The Localization Project Manager serves as a liaison between ZOO, its clients and translators and is responsible for facilitating the workflow with internal and external resources from project start to completion. This is a hands-on role which involves coordinating translations for high-profile accounts from all sectors of the media and advertising industries. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Creating translation schedules and assigning projects for translation to translators and quality controllers, troubleshooting, providing translators and internal teams with support throughout the life of a project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in ensuring all translation projects managed by the UK & US Localization Teams meet internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, and delivery timelines.
• Continuously monitor and review production processes and, as part of the subtitle team, suggest improvements that will result in improved turnaround times, decreased costs of production and/or improved client satisfaction.
• Identify, track, manage and mitigate risks of specific client requests. Escalate any issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact on quality, budget, and timelines.
• Ensure project management systems - specifically ZOOcore and Echo - are kept up to date with translator information including rates, quality level, notes etc.
• Take full responsibility and accountability for the translation & linguistic QC portions of any assigned project.
• Manage the translation capacity of all assigned languages by periodically inquiring with existing translators about their availability and capacity and updating database and relevant spreadsheets accordingly.
• Manage translators' performance and provide training and feedback, as necessary, to ensure highest standard.
• Provide support to freelance translators on all project related items including: Making informed creative decisions, answering general translation or style guide related questions, rearranging schedules and deadlines when needed, providing training on the use of our internal tools.
• Ensure the Project Management, English and Subtitle QC teams have the relevant project information needed from a language point of view and proactively identify and communicate any changes that may impact the project.
• Regularly and proactively provide feedback to the Localization Manager and UK/US Language team on projects to ensure continuous improvement.
• Ensure project issues are raised in a timely manner and appropriate measures are put in place to minimise risks to deliverables.
The successful applicant will have a linguistic background with a general understanding of subtitling workflows. They will also be driven by their passion for the film and TV industry.
You will have proven experience in the below:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisation, time management and planning skills.
• Persuasion and influence - experience of influencing colleagues and wider teams.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Flexible team player, willing to 'go the extra mile' to get the job done.
• Self-motivated and able to take initiative.
Languages Degree preferred.
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. Along with a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits which include:
• Flexi time
• Pension scheme
• Free city centre parking
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
• Reward and Benefits Portal – ZOOPerks
• Unlimited access to over 5000 courses on Udemy for business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx1oq-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.