The Localization Project Manager collaborates with other Localization Project Managers and the Localization Managers to ensure the quality and timeliness of the translation & QC portions of any given project. You should be proactive, client focused and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment. The Localization Project Manager serves as a liaison between ZOO, its clients and translators and is responsible for facilitating the workflow with internal and external resources from project start to completion. This is a hands-on role which involves coordinating translations for high-profile accounts from all sectors of the media and advertising industries. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Creating translation schedules and assigning projects for translation to translators and quality controllers, troubleshooting, providing translators and internal teams with support throughout the life of a project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in ensuring all translation projects managed by the UK & US Localization Teams meet internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, and delivery timelines.
• Continuously monitor and review production processes and, as part of the subtitle team, suggest improvements that will result in improved turnaround times, decreased costs of production and/or improved client satisfaction.
• Identify, track, manage and mitigate risks of specific client requests. Escalate any issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact on quality, budget, and timelines.
• Ensure project management systems - specifically ZOOcore and Echo - are kept up to date with translator information including rates, quality level, notes etc.
• Take full responsibility and accountability for the translation & linguistic QC portions of any assigned project.
• Manage the translation capacity of all assigned languages by periodically inquiring with existing translators about their availability and capacity and updating database and relevant spreadsheets accordingly.
• Manage translators' performance and provide training and feedback, as necessary, to ensure highest standard.
• Provide support to freelance translators on all project related items including: Making informed creative decisions, answering general translation or style guide related questions, rearranging schedules and deadlines when needed, providing training on the use of our internal tools.
• Ensure the Project Management, English and Subtitle QC teams have the relevant project information needed from a language point of view and proactively identify and communicate any changes that may impact the project.
• Regularly and proactively provide feedback to the Localization Manager and UK/US Language team on projects to ensure continuous improvement.
• Ensure project issues are raised in a timely manner and appropriate measures are put in place to minimise risks to deliverables.
The successful applicant will have a linguistic background with a general understanding of subtitling workflows. They will also be driven by their passion for the film and TV industry.
You will have proven experience in the below:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisation, time management and planning skills.
• Persuasion and influence - experience of influencing colleagues and wider teams.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Flexible team player, willing to 'go the extra mile' to get the job done.
• Self-motivated and able to take initiative.
Languages Degree preferred.
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. Along with a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits which include:
• Flexi time
• Pension scheme
• Free city centre parking
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
• Share scheme (save as you earn)
• Reward and Benefits Portal – ZOOPerks
• Unlimited access to over 3,500 courses on Udemy for business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z7ke-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.