News Editor (Part-time)
WYFF TV has an opening for a highly motivated and creative News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. This position will cover news stories as assigned. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visually compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
• Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
• Maintain news archives.
• Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
• Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases, and preproduction material.
• Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters, and managers to produce high-quality stories.
• Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
• Maintaining standards for all edited material.
• Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
• Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
• In-person attendance is required.
• Previous on-air experience required.
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Military on-air producing experience will be considered.
• Ability to work on linear and non-linear equipment.
• Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
• Ability to edit on non-linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid, and Edius.
• Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of current television production techniques.
• Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
• Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
• Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
• Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
• Possess a valid drivers' license and a good driving record.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Defense Information School (DINFOS) or other related military training and experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8w6j-34-204-172-188-42 in your application.