WVTM-TV has an opening for a part-time Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will be responsible for operating teleprompter during live newscasts. Knowledge of editing video and producing digital content is helpful. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
• Operate teleprompter during live studio broadcasts.
• Assist directors with preparing studio for broadcasts.
• Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
• Understanding of social media and assist in producing content on our digital platforms.
• Some knowledge of broadcast and digital production
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Familiarity with social media.
• Knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
Bachelor's degree preferred but not necessary.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.