Production Assistant PT
WVTM-TV has an opening for a part-time Production Assistant to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will be responsible for operating teleprompter during live newscasts. Knowledge of editing video and producing digital content is helpful. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
• Operate teleprompter during live studio broadcasts.
• Assist directors with preparing studio for broadcasts.
• Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
• Understanding of social media and assist in producing content on our digital platforms.
• Some knowledge of broadcast and digital production
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Familiarity with social media.
• Knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
Bachelor's degree preferred but not necessary.