WTVM-TV became the first television station on the air in Columbus, Georgia on October 6, 1953. WTVM continues to be the News Leader in the Columbus television market. With a staff of 40+ news professionals, we broadcast more than 4 hours of news each day on WTVM and well as providing news for WXTX, the area's FOX affiliate & WLTZ, the area's NBC affiliate.
WTVM News Leader 9, in Columbus Georgia, seeks a news producer to join our award-winning news team. The News Producer will work closely with news managers, reporters, photographers and anchors to create high-quality broadcasts with integrity and facts.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
* Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
* Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
* Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
* Produce news content for all station distribution platforms – broadcast, digital, mobile
* Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
* Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
* Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy
* Edit video for multiple platforms
* Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
* Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
* Work cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines.
* Ensure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl system
* Teleprompter operation
* Up to a 1 year of producing experience preferred
* BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
* Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
* Must be willing to work in Columbus, GA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo0v2-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.